Assistant Program Director
Project Friendship is a nonprofit organization based in Northfield, Minnesota. We seek to enrich the lives of youth (2nd – 7th grade) in our community by pairing them with mentors from St. Olaf College, Carleton College, and the Northfield Community College Collaborative . We strive to ensure our mentees will experience an increase in confidence, connections, and build on their character.
The Assistant Program Director will support the mission of Project Friendship by supporting matched relationships, managing social media accounts, assisting with activity planning and attending community outreach events, and assisting with research and mentor training. We seek an energetic and professional minded person who is interested in helping youth, community connectedness and encouraging program participation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct quarterly Check ins with mentors and parents
- Assist with monthly mentor trainings
- Manage Project Friendship’s social media accounts and website
- Assist with large group and community events
- Participate in board meetings and on Board of Directors Committee meetings
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiar with Google Drive
- Proficient in Social media including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Experience with databases preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Overall interest in nonprofit management
- Over 18 years old
The Program Director must be flexible with their work environment and have access to a computer and internet. Project Friendship does not have a permanent office space and many work meetings will take place at a school, college campus or various locations in Northfield. This position may require transportation and some evenings and weekend meetings. The scope of the work requires a time commitment of approximately 10-15 hours a week. This is a 10-month position - Sept - June.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume detailing project management experience and your interest in this specific position no later than 3/15/2021 for consideration.
Please send PDF’s of the above materials to: Holly Schoenbauer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Friendship provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Project Friendship complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.