Trailer Technician / Mechanic
Maintains trailer equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements, correcting vehicle deficiencies, making adjustments and alignments, and keeping records. We are hiring one position for our second shift. Schedule has some flexibility and pay is based on experience. Willing to learn, like challenges, it's a Great place to work!
Job Responsibilities :
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections, performing diagnostic tests and identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules, installing component and part upgrades and completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives and adjusting controls and systems.
- Maintains high-quality vehicle appearance.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, and performing preventive maintenance.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Job Requirements :
- High school Diploma or GED.
- Mechanical knowledge.
- Good attention to detail, verbal communication and documentation skills.
- Reliable attendance and work quality.
- Ability to self-manage, multi-task, organize and prioritize to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Must have own tools/toolbox. Shop uniform provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour