Notice regarding Chamber Meetings & Events - March 16 - May 11
Each day more and more information is coming forward regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. What started as something other countries and other people are dealing with is now impacting our day-to-day.
Yesterday, the Center for Disease Control announced that all gatherings over 50 people or more should be canceled or postponed for the next 8 weeks.
So, what to do? We’ve decided that instead of crying “The Sky is Falling!” we’re going to get creative in finding solutions and alternatives to our normal services. The Chamber is in the business of bringing YOU, our members, business and we will continue to do so in any and all ways we are able to.
Because of the new CDC guidelines:
All in-person Chamber meetings and events are postponed/cancelled for the next 8 weeks (Until May 11) This includes:
- All March Meetings & Events
- All April Meetings & Events (Including Home & Garden Show, April 4)
- May Meetings & Events up to May 11: My Pro Lunch, Be Local, Buy Local Committee & Girls Nite Out
To further encourage local spending, we’ve created a Chamber Buck promotion: Purchase $100 in Chamber Bucks, and receive $10 free, up to $1000 ($100 free) cash/check or credit card. If needed, we can hold a check for up to 30 days – this option is not eligible for $10 in free bucks (Limit of $100 if holding check.)
We are busy exploring alternatives to our 2020 Luncheon Series, including hosting virtual presentations of the Dundas State of the City and Northfield State of the Economy. We are also working to find an alternative solution to hosting Girls Nite Out. Each of these events are important to our members and we want to make sure you are getting the information and promotions you’ve come to know and depend on.
I am also working with local city and state officials on finding small business relief packages. Stay tuned for more information as we get it.
The bottom line is, we want to support YOU. Do you have a current promotion that you want to get the word out to Chamber members and general public? Post a HOT DEAL on the Chamber website for FREE. Go to your member login page at: northfieldchamber.com/login
This isn’t easy. None of us could have imagined how this would progress. But I know that we are all stronger together and together we will get through this.
Let’s all keep a clear head, shop local and support each other.
We are One Community.
We’ve got this,
Lisa Peterson | President
Northfield Area Chamber of Commerce & Tourism
19 Bridge Square, Northfield, MN 55057
507.645.5604 | 800.658.2548
The MN Chamber has a terrific webinar no available to help answer questions and offer best practices. https://register.gotowebinar.com/recording/2711771013053631244
- – Daily updates on the number and nature of Coronavirus cases in Minnesota and best practices for citizens to remain safe and healthy.
- – Background on COVID-19 and best practices to stay healthy and deal with employee diagnosis.
- – Ongoing updates on the disease, how it is spread, where it exists and testing.
- – Detailed updates on risk factors, symptoms, treatment.
- – Specific to federal standards for preventing spread in workplaces.
- – Outlines how to work with and communicate to employees, make a business continuity plan before and after employees become sick.
- – Health and workplace details and suggestions for COVID-19 impacts on different types of businesses and employee activity.
- – Ongoing updates on travel advisories within the United States and abroad.
- – Resources for HR professionals (login required).